The kitchen is not merely a place to cook. Today, interior design ideas for kitchen have to encompass a whole lot of factors. The beauty of the kitchen is not only in its outwardly appearance, but also in the planning of space. With the proper division of space, an interior designer has to consider the required area, factors such as the position of the appliances and how to make it a completely well equipped kitchen in the best possible design plan. Therefore, before you approach the interior designer with your ideas, you must first be clear on your requirements and priorities, which would enable you to find the right plan for the kitchen space.
Factors to consider before you plan the kitchen area:
You have to first define the space. Make a note of the position of doors and windows and other measurements and try to get some ideas from the interior designers about the space layout.
Give a careful consideration to the position of the appliances, the cupboards etc as the right location would aid you better in your daily activities.
Also decide in advance, the finish you would require for the cabinets, the flooring, the walls and window treatment.
Decide the distribution of light and also consider how to make the maximum use of the natural light source.
Once you have distinct the basics, you can go ahead and think about the color schemes, countertops and furniture and other such interior design ideas for the kitchen.
Tips for Interior Design Ideas for Kitchen:
- Note down the problems faced by you with your earlier kitchen. Was the sink too low or was it the lack of right space for displaying your crockery? Know these problems and try to rectify them in the new design.
- The drawers should have a solid base construction. This would help in an easy glide action. It would be useful to incorporate metal-sided drawers and runners that have full extensions.
- Plan the installation of the plumbing and the electrical services in advance. Also, try to retain the original fixtures and fittings to save on money and time.
- Always ensure you plan the kitchen considering the natural flow of movement. This would allow you to maintain a comfortable distance when you ar cookery or washing and need to access the cabinets etc.
- Always position the sink, fridge and the oven/gas in the shape of a triangle. This would enable you to have a better access to the items and cook without any wastage of time.
- Note that the position of the dishwasher, preparation units etc should be considered as having it either on the left hand side or on the right hand side would create a difference in the way you operate in the kitchen. The sink should be placed under a window and against an outside wall for better lightning and commodious drainage. The sink, drainage and the dishwasher form the most important unit in the kitchen, so always ensure you position it first.
- The position of the dishwasher should always be near the crockery and cutlery. This would help in faster loading and unloading of the dishwasher. Also, try elevating your dishwasher by 9 to 12 inches. This would minimize all the bending!
- Dark-colored tiles should be avoided for the kitchen counters. This is because the soap residue would be well visible on such colors and this would in turn ruin the interior design of the kitchen.
- Try to use recessed lightning on specific work areas. You can even try fluorescent lightning for a unlike result. These can be hidden above the wall cabinets.
- Use some indoor plants to liven up the kitchen interior design space.
- Use cork flooring, which is good for the feet and also absorbs sound. Insulating the walls would even help in reducing the noise levels of your area.
- Try to use your sink window as an extension for the countertop. This would enable you to quickly pass through, your food items for outside dining.
- Use light colours for a small kitchen. This would make it appear bigger than it seems.
- Match the theme of your kitchen interior scheming area with appropriate crockery, trivets and cutlery that can add to the ambiance.
- Ensure you plan to leave ample space areas near the fridge and the oven, which would help you in stashing away the items that may non be needed.
Your kitchen should always be practical, useful and also cheerful. Today, kitchen interior design is not just about making it look good. Smart functionality and direction of space help you plan an attractive area that will make the practice of cookery a true delight!